Copy My Hard Drive with Norton Ghost 12
Here is the procedure to COPY MY HARD DRIVE with Norton Ghost 12.
- Start Ghost 12.
- Click Tools tab on the left.
- Click Copy My Hard Drive.
- The wizard starts » Next
- Select the Source Drive (usually your C: drive) » Next
- Select the Destination. This MUST be unallocated space on the second HD » Next
- Tick Check source for file system errors.
- Tick Check destination for file system errors.
- Tick Resize drive to fill unallocated space if that's what you desire. (It's your choice.)
- Tick Set drive active for booting.
- Don't tick Disable SmartSector copying.
- Don't tick ignore bad sectors during copy.
- Tick Copy MBR.
- Destination partition type: Primary partition.
- Drive letter: None » Next
For more info related to this topic, see Copying a drive (page 151+) in the Norton Ghost 12.0 User's Guide. Note tha this link is from an FTP site, which can take 10-20 seconds for the PDF-page to load.
The official Symantec Ghost 12 User guide is posted » HERE (206-page PDF, 2.6 MB)
From the Symantec Knowlege Base for Norton Ghost 12, you might also find the follow article helpful » Copying disk-to-disk in Norton Ghost 12