Create Norton Ghost 12 Recovery Point
Here is the procedure to create a back-up image file (which Symantec now terms a Recovery Point) with Ghost 12.
- Start Ghost 12.
- Click Tasks icon.
- Click Run or Manage Backups.
- Click Define New
- Dot in Backup my computer » Next
- Select the drive to backup » Next
- Dot in Recovery point set (recommended) » Next
- Choose location and filename » Next
- Choose desired compression.
- Tick Verify recovery point after creation.
- Choose your Limit. Ignore Advanced unless you want to split the image » Next
- Ignore the Command Files window » Next
- Don’t tick Schedule and don’t tick any days (that’s for incrementals).
- Click the drop down arrow and choose Weekly.
- Click Custom, select your Day & Time, OK » Next
For more info related to this topic, see » Backing up your data (page 43+) in the Norton Ghost 12.0 User's Guide. Note that this link is from an FTP site, which can take 10-20 seconds for the PDF-page to load.
The official Symantec Ghost 12 User guide is posted » HERE (206-page PDF, 2.6 MB)
From the Symantec Knowlege Base for Norton Ghost 12, you might also find the follow articles helpful:
- Backing up an entire computer with Ghost 12
- Creating a custom Symantec Recovery Disk in Norton Ghost 12
- Backing up selected files and folders with Norton Ghost 12
- Creating a One Time Backup in Ghost 12