Restoring a Ghost 12 Recovery Point
Here is the procedure to restore a Back-up Image ("Recovery Point") with Norton Ghost 12 from the CD's Recovery Environment (RE), which loads in two minutes (twice as fast as Ghost 9/10).
- Shutdown computer (not a Restart). Press the power button to start your PC.
- Boot-up with Ghost 12 CD in your CD/DVD tray.
- Choose your Time Zone.
- Click Recover My Computer » Next
- In the "View by" (drop down arrow) choose Filename.
- Click Browse.
- Double click Computer.
- Navigate to the folder containing your Recovery Points
- Select the relevant Recovery Point (Baseline or Incremental).
- Click Open » Next
- Select the relevant partition » Next
- Put ticks in Verify, Check for file system errors, Set drive active, Restore Original Disk Signature.
- Only tick Restore MBR if restoring to a different HD » Next
- Put tick in Reboot when finished.
I think the recovery environments for Ghost 12, NSR 2 and Symantec BESR are basically the same, so the above procedure would apply to all.
For more info related to this topic, see Recovering a computer (page 131+) in the Norton Ghost 12.0 User's Guide. Note tha this link is from an FTP site, which can take 10-20 seconds for the PDF-page to load.
The official Symantec Ghost 12 User guide is posted » HERE (206-page PDF, 2.6 MB)
From the Symantec Knowlege Base for Norton Ghost 12, you might also find the follow articles helpful:
- Recovering a drive in Norton Ghost 12
- Restoring files & folders using file & folder backup data in Ghost 12
- Exploring backup image files with Ghost 12